Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Star Wars art

I'm still trying to get my sons room completed before his birthday this weekend. Hopefully I can show you some pictures next week. 

Yesterday I finished his name sign. He's wanted one ever since I made one for his cousin at Christmas. 
I added more layers and detail to this one and we both love how it turned out. 


I thought I might as well share some of the other art we are hanging in the room. I've been so worried about him outgrowing this theme, so I tried to keep it as grown up as possible, and as inexpensive as possible. 

action figure shadow box:
I love how this turned out. I can't imagine anything not looking great in a shadow box. I glued a gray scrap of fabric from the bedding to the backing and then hot glued the toys to that. I had big plans to tie them down with clear wire, but in the end decided to go with what was easiest. 

R2D2 print:
I got this print from HERE. I especially love how it pulled all the colors in the room together. 

character line up from the entire saga:
I got this print HERE. We absolutely love this print. My son could spend hours staring at it. I can't image any star wars room complete without it. 

We got a huge surprise when it came in the mail. The artist Brad, was so kind to address the package to my son with a painting General Grievous. 

Since General Grievous is his favorite character we had to cut it out and frame it too. 
I seriously can't believe, the artist would take the time to paint this for the package. The detail is amazing. I wish you could see it in real life.  

Complete saga poster:
I am not usually a poster fan, but it was only $5, I already had a frame, and I liked the colors for his room. 

I finished up the artwork by framing black and white photo's from his birthday party last year


I know I haven't been posting as much as I used to. My life just can't seem to slow down. My days are filled with running kids to preschool, soccer, baseball, dance, scouts, etc. I thought my life would slow down when my kids got older and didn't need to be entertained as much, turns out I'm just spending that time in the car now. 
Thanks so much for sticking with me. Crafting and Blogging are still my outlet. I love having something for just me. Your sweet comments help keep me going. 

10 comments:

Colin said...

Love the SW stuff! I live with 3 SW nuts (one of whom is 42) myself. I don't think it ever slows down - I'm in the car or the kitchen constantly when the kids are home from school! I had more time when they took naps, went to bed early and wore smaller clothes. You can get a lot of baby clothes in a single load - preteen/teen boys' clothes not so much....

Bron said...

I just love this ...my 6 1/2 year old son is almost ready to up grade to big boy room and this would be perfect...I will be watching carefully and working some ideas for him.
Thanks for sharing.

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

What a beautiful room! I love that it's "themed" and totally suits your son's taste but is still totally put together. Fabulous.

I have a Grayson, too. He's 3 1/2. Love the name! :)

chris said...

I dare not show my son this stuff...he'd want all of it! You've done an amazing job, as always. The shadow box is my favorite.

Kristie said...

Thanks for sharing where you found all this great stuff. I will be working on a room for my baby, one that my hubby would probably move into instead of the baby! I love all the fun things you have done!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

that is awesome. Rory is jealous!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Love, love, love all of it. My favorite is the name board. Happy Birthday to sweet Grayson!

Unknown said...

I love it all. You really did keep it grown up/classy instead of looking super little kid-ish. You found some awesome prints! I'm still not done with mine and can't seem to find the time to finish the headboard. You always inspire and don't worry about frequency of posts. The quality is always the best! And that's what counts in my book!

Rachel said...

You rock my world, sister. Really. I want to move into that bedroom!!!!

Kristasue said...

LOVE what you did :) How did you do your sign??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails